Crop/pollinator (and native pollinator crops) combos for north america

Found in the wild. Increasing pollinators should increase crossing.

2 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

I get to plan for pollinators a bit at work. So fun to think about. Native plant gardening is something I have been doing since 1997. Xerces is a good source of lists.

I was combing through these Monarch lists today at work during lunch break from a training. Monarch Nectar Plant Guides | Xerces Society I actually found that I was still getting ideas for additional local native plants appropriate for restoration quality plantings from about 4 of them from a larger region.

For a home garden all the species listed are appropriate but not for work. For work what I actually was doing was trying to get ideas for species to target for new wildland seed collections for seed increase plots. So was only considering species that are actually found in the wild here.

We can be- and I think should be a little bold about which native plants we are willing to plant in our home gardens. Climate change but also Montana is considered to have a depauperate flora that has not yet recovered from the last ice age. Though I think Canada is a little bolder than the US.

1 Like