Harvest Photos

@julia.dakin
These are so pretty. What are the blue beans, the mottled ones above them, and the black and white ones in the center?

No idea! that was the the Lofthouse Bean landrace :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Lowell_McCampbell
These are beautiful. I agree with Emily, the wild pea of umbria is something else

2 Likes

@Wojciech G
These are so beautiful and carefully composed

1 Like

@clweeks
I wouldn’t know it to look at it… looks like a sumptuous harvest

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Wild Pea of Umbria

10 posts were split to a new topic: Winter Sowing

5 Likes

Paste tomatoes from the few plants that survived the move. The plants got really set back and I harvested a bunch of green tomatoes the day before the first hard frost. They have been slowly ripening on a concrete floor and now I’m processing them for seeds in small batches as they get ready.

3 Likes

@julia.dakin It was nice to see this bean in your population. It has died out of mine, along with the black/white orca beans.

bean-pony

Here’s what my beans are looking like this year. Sorted for replanting, so that I hold on to as much diversity as possible.

And the bulk beans, as they came out of the field. A number of other varieties disappeared, but new varieties are showing up.

10 Likes

Wow that big green one in the middle looks amazing! Also nearly the shape of a darbuka! I would love to see any instruments that you have made from any of your gourds.

1 Like

This is the corn we got this year. We had better luck with other crops but this is one of my proudest yields of the last season. Our first year growing corn, we did three sisters intercropping in tired raised beds on their third season of the same original inputs and no cover.

We did do a little bit of Neptune’s Harvest for these guys since the seed came from from a commercial pumpkin patch and I thought they might be used to fertilizer.

These corn plants grew fantastic though. Had it not been for a storm flattening them I expect we would have done much better. I harvested these ears in the sprawling remains of the corn weeks after the storm (though it would have probably been better for the other plants, I didn’t have the heart to clear out the fallen corn plants). Presumably viable seed means the story can continue!

7 Likes

I have been selecting this bok choi for winter hardiness in an unheated greenhouse. It is very sweet. The stem texture was granular from freezing so often.

9 Likes

I haven’t threshed mine yet this year. I’ll send a photo when I have. But here is a photo of the chickpeas I threshed this week to compensate

7 Likes

Oh wow! I can see how you kept opening them to see what was in there. I felt that way with my corn, this year. They’re beautiful. What were your dtm, roughly?

Thanks! For the DTM, i’m truly not sure. Planted in First days of April and harvested progressively through the summer. Around 100 days probably.

2 Likes

A summary of my 2022 in the garden, month by month - photos combined into one slide show.

17 Likes

Amazing on so many levels.

Are you growing hops for beer?

If I share all my google photo accounts can you make one of these for me?

Yeah, that was beautifully made! Maybe I should try to document my garden this year as thoroughly as you did.

2 Likes

That’s such a beautiful video! your harvest looks amazing! congratulations for your work.

1 Like